Re: [Phys-L] just for fun

Not to be a wise guy, but it seems to me that when I read a definition of "critical thinking" it always seems that you could omit the word "critical" and be fine. Is it possible that those who promote "critical thinking" have not done enough "critical thinking" about the word "critical" in that context? Or is it to be a sort of code-word or place-holder for "not just wool gathering or day dreaming but focused, purposeful attempts to make sense of something important"? Still, I'd call it "thinking".