Re: [Phys-L] 'correct physics' was Energy & Bonds

Always do right.
This will gratify some people, and astonish the rest.
http://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Mark_Twain

On 11/13/2013 07:56 AM, Richard Tarara wrote:
For example, I've just finished an audio course on TIME by Sean
Carroll of Cal Tech which dealt mostly with issues of entropy.
While he clearly points to the Boltzmann formulation as the 'correct'
definition of entropy, he also often talks of entropy in terms of
disorder.

A) So, he didn't define entropy in terms of disorder.

B) Even if he had, that wouldn't make it right.

There's a lot of wrong stuff in this world. To assume that
we are stuck with all the wrong stuff forever seems like
fatalism, defeatism, and plain old laziness.

We can't fix /everything/ overnight ... but we can fix quite
a lot of it. A lot of the wrong stuff is ridiculously easy
to fix. So let's fix it already.