[Phys-L] ceramic fuses

I have new multi-meters with, of course, different fuses than I have in
stock. The students have already blown the fuses provided as replacement.
The meter literature specifies ceramic 1/4 amp fuses. They run $3 each
Glass fuses are cheaper. So the question - Could I get away with using
glass fuses instead of ceramic? To complicate things I am "encouraged" to
order from specific venders so even if I find a vendor with real cheap
ceramics I could not order (ebay is NOT allowed)

Don Mathieson
Tulsa Community College
dmathies@tulsacc.edu