Re: [Phys-L] Standard model table

How about this one:

File:Elementary particle interactions.svg - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

On Jul 12, 2012, at 11:46 AM, LaMontagne, Bob wrote:

Hi Don,

I spent a while looking for the source - can't find it. It was a diagram where they take the table you reference and break into three subsections (quarks, leptons, bosons), separate the subsections and place the Higgs Boson between the three boxes with arrow showing how the Higgs particle interacts with all of the particles in some degree or another (maybe zero interaction for some). If I come across it I will post it.

Bob at PC

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-l.org [mailto:phys-l-bounces@mail.phys-
l.org] On Behalf Of DMathies@tulsacc.edu
Sent: Thursday, July 12, 2012 10:48 AM
To: phys-l@mail.phys-l.org
Subject: [Phys-L] Standard model table

Most explanations of the standard model show a 4 by 4 table with leptons,
quarks and bosons. ie http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Standard_Model
The question I have is where does the Higgs Boson fit? Or perhaps the
question should be Does it fit? It seems it should be in the Bosom column but
where? Or is this type of table a bad representation?
Also does this do anything to symmetry?

Don Mathieson
Tulsa Community College
dmathies@tulsacc.edu