Re: [Phys-L] Does anyone doubt that one political party is against science and education?

I'm amazed that the Republican party would be so blatant:

On 2012, Jul 01, , at 13:02, John Clement wrote:

Knowledge-Based Education - We oppose the teaching of Higher Order Thinking
Skills (HOTS) (values clarification), critical thinking skills and similar
programs that are simply a relabeling of Outcome-Based Education (OBE)
(mastery learning) which focus on behavior modification and have the purpose
of challenging the student's fixed beliefs and undermining parental
authority.
---------

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/27/texas-republican-party-2012-platform-education_n_1632097.html?utm_hp_ref=education

Thanks John!

You've found a confirmation of my belief.

bc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Republican_War_on_Science

There's also thomas Frank:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/What's_the_Matter_with_Kansas%3F

I think John was responding to my post yesterday on the physlrnr list: