Re: [Phys-L] inertia ... or not

Hi John,

I agree that mass and linear inertia are synonyms, but mass and rotational
inertia are definitely not synonyms. In my mind, when introducing inertia,
one must mention that inertia is the resistance to a change in the state of
motion, not resistance to acceleration (because rotating objects are always
accelerating). What am I missing?