[Phys-l] electrons +- redox +- flame

On 04/12/2012 08:51 PM, Jeff Bigler wrote:

I believe this must occur because the
flame is a redox reaction, and the reaction components were acting as a
source and/or sink for the electrons arcing between the electrodes of
the induction coil.

A couple of points, tangential to the original question:

1) In a quite profound sense, there is no such thing as a "source"
or "sink" of electrons. Conservation of charge forbids it.
Conservation of lepton number forbids it.