Re: [Phys-l] Hewitt's three answers

From: WC Maddox

The day before I read about this in Physics Teacher I constructed a circuit
for another purpose which detected this variation in brightness of
fluorescent and incandescent lights. It use a solar cell and a National
Instruments DAQ. The voltage variation was displayed on a LabVIEW
simulation of a voltage meter.

Using the overhead fluorescent lights the voltage varied between 0.215 and
0.235 volts with peaks appearing with a frequency of 120 HZ.
Using a 25 W incandescent bulb the voltage varied between 0.265 and 0.285
volts with frequency of 120 Hz.

End Message