Re: [Phys-l] What's the Meaning of 'Direct Instruction'? #2

Some subscribers to Phys-L might be interested in "Re: What's the Meaning of 'Direct Instruction'? #2" [Hake (2012b)]. The abstract reads [Yes, despite the protestations of bc (whom rh thinks often jumps the gun) the abstract lies ENTIRELY between the bracket lines "*******". In print journals abstracts are conventionally in one paragraph. But on the internet there's no need to conserve space so abstracts can be placed in more easily read multi-paragraph form.]

ABSTRACT: In response to my post "What's the Meaning of 'Direct Instruction'?" [Hake (2012a) at <http://bit.ly/FOp16Y>], Jack Rotman of the MathEdCC list wrote (paraphrasing):

"For those who look at direct instruction as an 'automatic bad thing', I would point you to the results of the largest educational research project every conducted in this country - 'Project Follow Through.' Start at 'OVERVIEW: The Story Behind Project Follow Through' [Grossen (1995/96)] to get some information."