Re: [Phys-l] leap second limbo

At 8:41 AM -0600 1/20/12, Paul Nord wrote:
http://xkcd.com/927/

Excellent sentiment.

Neither International Atomic Time (TAI) nor Global Positioning System (GPS) time incorporate the Leap Seconds.

The Unix world has something called UnixTime that doesn't use them either.

I will guess that the IT world - soft-and-hardware-wise will eventually come up with some de facto standard long before the UTC decides to give up these nasty Leap Seconds.

But - maybe we should go back to the more 'reasonable' Julian Leap Year algorithm too.
.