Re: [Phys-L] A crazy planetary system (AFTER CORRECTING AN ERROR)

Yes, indeed. Donald's expectation, based on formulas 3 and 1, was confirmed. I increased G by 30 orders of magnitude (from 6.67*10-11 to 6.67*10^+19) and the parameters for the "gravitational atom" became:

r1=2*10^-14 m (about 20 Fermi)

and

v1=2.5*10^6 m/s (close to 1% of c).

Can the "what if" exercises be pedagogically useful? Yes, they can.

L.K.