Re: [Phys-l] Student Misconceptions

Quoting John Denker <jsd@av8n.com>:

On 09/29/2011 07:45 AM, Joseph Bellina wrote:
Once again, I would not classify any of these as mis or pre
conceptions. They are rather misinformation.

OK, several people have recommended this sort of distinction.
Similarly, several people have recommended classifying
???conceptions based on whether they were acquired in school
or elsewhere.

That seems kinda plausible, and I'm not saying I disagree,
but I don't fully understand ... so I request more detail,
if possible.

Not sure which kind of details John D requests?
I have encountered many different kinds of misconception in several journals...

Perhaps someone here can help to classify these *misconceptions*?
1. Alternative conception
2. Manifold conceptions
3. Alternative conceptual frameworks
4. Pupil’s conception