From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Robert Cohen
Sent: Thursday, September 29, 2011 5:15 PM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Student Misconceptions

- - - - -
Anthony Lapinski wrote:
<snip>
If you drive somewhere with an average speed of 60 mph and return the
same way with an average speed of 30 mph, then is your average speed
for
the entire trip less than, equal to, or more than 45 mph?
<snip>
- - - - -

Average over time or over space?

Robert A. Cohen, Department of Physics, East Stroudsburg University
570.422.3428 rcohen@esu.edu http://www.esu.edu/~bbq