From: "Marc "Zeke" Kossover" <zeke_kossover@yahoo.com>
To: curtis osterhoudt <flutzpah@yahoo.com>; Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Friday, September 16, 2011 12:21 PM
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] Software for drawing free-body diagrams?

I have made models of many of the pieces equipment from Pasco and Vernier to be used in Sketchup. Check out http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/search?uq=0880103852845876220741435&scoring=m&start=0

Marc "Zeke" Kossover

From: curtis osterhoudt <flutzpah@yahoo.com>
To: Forum for Physics Educators <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 15, 2011 10:30 AM

At this point, I'd recommend Google's Sketchup: http://sketchup.google.com/ . It originally started as an architectural design program, but I used it for the figures in my dissertation which needed to be cut-away, rotated, or show sections of water of which I couldn't take photographs. It's now much easier to do small-scale things (such as bubbles in fluid, blocks on inclined planes, etc.). Annotation and drawing in vectors has also become much easier.

   And the price is right (for the non-pro version).

"The four points of the compass be logic, knowledge, wisdom and the unknown. Some do bow in that final direction. Others advance upon it. To bow before the one is to lose sight of the three. I may submit to the unknown, but never to the unknowable." ~~Roger Zelazny, in "Lord of Light"