Re: [Phys-l] fused quartz does not conduct?

Good fused quartz is also available from halogen bulbs.

(Let the good vibes ROLL!!!)

120 VAC to test it with??
.
At 1:56 PM -0500 9/15/11, Paul Nord wrote:
BC,

So you're saying that even if it is glowing red hot (or white hot) there will be no conduction band.

I suspect that if the heat it high enough to ionize the silica it will be conductive.

I'll vote, "Nay" and await thy results.

Paul