Re: [Phys-l] Why soldiers break step on small bridges, and not so small.

Just providing info. I wasn't trying to say that the Mythbusters did anything conclusive. They used reasonably solid bridges and small robot "soldiers" for their test. I would say, though, that they made a good case that any average bridge in place at that time (not a swinging foot bridge) would be hard pressed to go into normal mode vibration as a result of marching soldiers.

Bill