Re: [Phys-l] Gotta love these HeadLine Writers!

Look, we scientists can think for ourselves. Thank you very much!

I think that the reporters should be giving the air temps and speaking of records, if any, with regard to
those. They such use the term "heat index" for the parameter that combines air termperature and
humidity. In fact, there were relatively few new temperature records set in the past two weeks. Yet,
the media was making it out there there were hundreds of new temperature records set.