From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of Dan L. MacIsaac
Sent: Friday, July 15, 2011 9:11 AM
To: Forum for Physics Educators
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] 3-d printer

Very real. These things are becoming widely available akin to the way
laser printers became common 20y ago.

Economic commentary discussed in "Print me a Stradivarius" etc from The
Economist:
http://www.economist.com/node/18114327

and a more practical discussion of actual 3D printing tech in final
parts (for aircraft):
http://www.economist.com/node/18114221

Dan M

Dan MacIsaac, Associate Professor of Physics, SUNY-Buffalo State
College
222SciBldg BSC, 1300 Elmwood Ave, Buffalo NY 14222 USA 1-716-878-3802
<macisadl@buffalostate.edu> <http://PhysicsEd.BuffaloState.edu>
Physics Graduate Coordinator