Re: [Phys-l] Invisible Chair

On 2011, Jun 29, , at 21:02, John Clement wrote:

I remember
how some of the marble pillars in Italian churches were actually just
painted to look like marble.

Die Dresden Semperoper rebuilt appears (interior) all marble -- a very good job of painting plaster -- fooled me until our guide explained.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Semperoper

Lotte Lehmann's name is missing -- I recorded some of the student concerts the Music Academy gave; in one while explaining the psychology of Der Rosenkavalier, she said Strauss had written the opera for her.

Actually I saw a really cute variant on invisible trickery but with a twist.
At a fair there was a water faucet mounted on a glass plate with no visible
pipes. Water continually came out of the faucet. The source was a
transparent pipe runnin up inside the stream of water. It was easily
discovered by trying to put your hand in the water.

The Phoenix shop at the Nepenthe sells these; pricey; one model-- open Phoenix shop / and more, then search watering can fountain)

http://www.nepenthebigsur.com/

IIRC, there's a much bigger one at "The Farm" in Salinas -- NFS, in the flower garden behind the shop -- no pic.

http://www.thefarm-salinasvalley.com/

bc's spouse took her kinder there (third grade).