Re: [Phys-l] Gibbs paradox (redux)

On 2011, Jun 25, , at 03:48, John Denker wrote:

Note that what Carl calls "milk" I call "snow" (since snowflakes are
proverbially all different).

I wonder, are there enuff sno flakes so there are an identical pair using the same method to prove that there are many people w/ the same number of head hairs?

bc realizes not stereochemically,

but:

mass of flake (small one) 3E-6 kg
mole = 3E-6 kg / 18E3 kg = 1.67E-10
mole * Avo's # = ~ 1E14 Number necessary to have a pair w/ same number of molecules.

A Fermi prob.? how many flakes ina typical storm, and possible to have had an identical pair (not necessarily at the same time) since we've had them? (A jillion years)

and bc miffed prescribed spelling necessary to google.