Re: [Phys-l] Complementary principle in jeopardy?

On 6/15/2011 11:24 AM, Savinainen Antti wrote:
Hi all,

I suppose some of you have seen these news already about a new Science article:

<http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-06-quantum-physics-photons-two-slit-interferometer.html>

One author states that:

"But mostly, we are all just thrilled to be able to see, in some sense, what a photon does as it goes through an interferometer, something all of our textbooks and professors had always told us was impossible."

Interesting! Any comments?

Antti

Antti Savinainen, Ph.D., B.Ed.
Adjunct Professor (University of Jyväskylä)
Senior Lecturer in Physics and Mathematics
Kuopion Lyseo High School
Finland
E-mail:<antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi>
Website:<http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/savant/>

I suppose that David Bohm would be pleased - its nineteen years since he died in his 75th year.
Count de Broglie is surely urging experimentalists on to extend the experiment to single electron
interference.

Brian W