Re: [Phys-l] Classical Adiabatic Invariant

More on the 'Giggle Test' of the referenced page is the 'Discussion' tab that I've included below.

At 11:51 AM -0700 6/9/11, John Denker wrote:
I mention this because at
http://tabitha.phas.ubc.ca/wiki/index.php/Phase_Space
we have a detailed calculation using canonical mechanics to "prove" that
E/É÷ is invariant for a pendulum where the mass is changing because the
bob is a box of sand with a slow leak. It also "proves" that you can't
increase the energy of a swingset (at constant É÷) by slow parametric
pumping.

And that page is just one example among many. The literature is crawling
with stuff like this ... stuff that doesn't pass the giggle test.

This page has been deleted. The deletion and move log for the page are provided below for reference.
? 20:44, 19 June 2006 PHPSysop (Talk | contribs) deleted "Talk:Phase Space" ?
There is currently no text in this page. You can search for this page title in other pages, or search the related logs.