[Phys-l] solenoidal and cylindrical EM sourced magnetic fields.

Am I correct? The field from a solenoid is the same as that of a dipole and on axis ~ 1/r^3. (1)

Using a field calculator (2) I found (far field) the on axis field of a cylindrical magnet ~ 1/r^2. Is this correct, and if so, would a cylindrical coil be a correct model?

(1) the last equation of

Magnetic Fields due to a Solenoid

(2)

K&J Magnetics - Magnetic Field Calculator

bc puzzled.