Re: [Phys-l] cosmology question

In going back over my last post I noticed that the character formatting of the main results of that post somehow got all fouled up. Either my email program or the Phys-L server deleted a whole bunch of return characters and put whole slews of, what were separate lines, onto the same lines, making the table of results nearly impossible to follow. So I'm reposting here the last part of the main results of my previous post with extra double line spacing between the results in each section & triple spacing between sections, so if some return characters get deleted the separate lines will still stay separate. I hope this works.

<rant>I can't understand how simple ASCII-formatted messages can continue to get so messed up by various auto-formatting algorithms. Why can't they just all be turned off for good, since they invariably are more trouble than they are worth?</rant>

________________________Repost last section_________________________________

In describing the attributes of the universes in our half-plane we consider, piecewise, strips of various ranges of values of [Omega]_m, each with a set of ranges of [Omega]_lambda.

For [Omega]_m > 1 we have universe attributes (structure, history, destiny):

(H, BBg, BC) when [Omega]_lambda < 1 - [Omega]_m

(F, BBg, BC) when [Omega]_lambda = 1 - [Omega]_m

(S, BBg, BC) when 1 - [Omega]_m < [Omega]_lambda < A([Omega]_m)

(S, BBg, EH) when [Omega]_lambda = A([Omega]_m)

(S, BBg, BF) when A([Omega]_m) < [Omega]_lambda <= B([Omega]_m)

(S, IOf, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = B([Omega]_m)

(S, Bnc, BF) when B([Omega]_m) < [Omega]_lambda

For [Omega]_m = 1 we have the universe attributes:

(H, BBg, BC) when [Omega]_lambda < 0

(F, BBg, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = 0

(S, BBg, BF) when 0 < [Omega]_lambda < B(1)

(S, IOf, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = B(1)

(S, Bnc, BF) when B(1) < [Omega]_lambda

For 0 < [Omega]_m < 1 we have the universe attributes:

(H, BBg, BC) when [Omega]_lambda < A([Omega]_m) = 0

(H, BBg, BF) when 0 = A([Omega]_m) <= [Omega]_lambda < 1 - [Omega]_m

(F, BBg, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = 1 - [Omega]_m (Our universe seems to be in this case.)

(S, BBg, BF) when 1 - [Omega]_m < [Omega]_lambda < B([Omega]_m)

(S, IOf, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = B([Omega]_m)

(S, Bnc, BF) when B([Omega]_m) < [Omega]_lambda

For 0 = [Omega]_m we have the universe attributes:

(H, BBg, BC) when [Omega]_lambda < 0

(H, BBg, BF) when 0 <= [Omega]_lambda < 1

(F, IOi, BF) when [Omega]_lambda = 1 (de Sitter Universe)

(S, Bnc, BF) when 1 < [Omega]_lambda

These attributes describe the spatial topological structure and qualitative behavior of any Friedmann-Robertson-Walker model universe having any non-negative matter density, any real-valued Cosmological Constant, negligible background pressure, insignificant radiation energy and pressure, and a simple cosmological constant model for the Dark Energy.

David Bowman