Re: [Phys-l] irresistible force v. immovable object

Richard, I couldn't agree more. Let's teach about the applicability of
models. Let's say that we can treat the earth as immovable and the car as
unstoppable in their cases, and let's discuss the limitation of those things
(for example, we wouldn't treat the car as unstoppable if the mosquito was,
instead, a barrel full of water).

But let's not pretend to stretch the bounds of what is governed by physics
to areas where they cannot go. We can TREAT the car as if it is
unstoppable. Is it actually unstoppable? No, of course not. Okay, so what
if there was something that was ACTUALLY unstoppable? Well, it turns out,
that nothing can ever be ACTUALLY unstoppable, so physics won't apply to
it. My explanation and methods aren't incompatible with yours; the emphasis
is just different.