Re: [Phys-l] Collapse or No Collapse? That is the Question

In a message dated 2/19/2011 8:23:08 A.M. Eastern Standard Time,
scerir@LIBERO.IT writes:

Collapse or No Collapse? That is the Question

Collapse measurement produces a certain quantity of entropy.
Does no-collapse measurement produce the same quantity of entropy?

Yes, as far as I know, both collapse and no collapse models are defined
by the Von Neumann entropy as given by the reduced probability density
matrix.

S = -k*tr(rho*ln[]rho])

Of course entropy in classical physics relates to a statistically based
measure which I see as supportive of the no collapsed model based on the
apparent "logic" of nature. At least this is my bias.

Bob Zannelli