Re: [Phys-l] Monty Hall on the Monty Hall problem

Game show host Monty Hall stated in a TV interview that his partner, Stefan Hatos, had always been experimenting with a game show based on The Lady, or the Tiger, in which contestants would win what was behind one of two doors that they could choose. Eventually, Hatos expanded from two doors to three doors, and it became one of the most (sic) successful game shows in history, Let's Make a Deal.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lady_or_the_Tiger%3F

Zinnemann directed a short on Semmelweis which led to another short, The Lady or the Tiger.

bc