Re: [Phys-l] journalism

I think you just went to the heart of the difficulty with this claim. If the output is potentially 30 times the input and if they recommend throttling back to an output of only 8 times the input in production versions, then obviously you should be able to connect part of the output to the input and the device should run with no external energy input. The fact they don't do this screams SCAM!

Bob at PC

-----Original Message-----
From: phys-l-bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu [mailto:phys-l-
bounces@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu] On Behalf Of brian whatcott
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2011 12:44 PM
To: phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu
Subject: Re: [Phys-l] journalism

From: WC Maddox

*Return of Cold Fusion*

Italian scientists claim to have demonstrated cold fusion

Read more here
1.
http://www.physorg.com/news/2011-01-italian-scientists-cold-fusion-
video.html
2. http://www.foxnews.com/scitech/index.html

End New Message

Hmmm...I fear this will be as disappointing as hot fusion results.
I am not overwhelmed when experimenters demonstrate multiples of input
power in the output power: they are dealing with storage materials
after
all: palladium hydrides and deuterides, and (presumably) nickel
hydrides
and deuterides.
Who can forget that palladium is good for 700 volumes of gas storage?

Over unity energy production should demonstrate free standing
activation, with some fraction of the output returned. That is what
defeated the perpetual motions of a sesquicentennium ago, after all...

Brian W