Re: [Phys-l] Monty Hall problem

I'm really sorry folks - there must some kind of 'Suction Cup' effect or such going on here that I'm not getting.

a) The host WILL open one of the two doors that you did not pick.
b) That door WILL have a goat behind it because we are engaged in a Game Show
instead of purely pedantic exercise.
c) You double your chances by switching.

I see that b) may be source of my confusion ;-)

What's wrong with Marilyn's answer (otherwise)?
.