Re: [Phys-l] news sources - Excellent Higgs Introduction

As for an accessible explanation of what a Higgs is, or why the
general public should care, I still haven't found anything I
would recommend. Does anybody here have any suggestions?

===================

The best introductory article I have come across so far is Professor Matt Strassler's guest post at Cosmic Variance...

http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/cosmicvariance/2011/12/06/guest-post-matt-strassler-on-hunting-for-the-higgs/

That led me to Strassler's new blog which seems to be highly informative and reliable...

http://profmattstrassler.com/

I'd be interested to hear how others on the list would rate this guy's work.

Derek

Sorry, I should have added. Probably the best starting point of Strassler's articles is his Higgs FAQ...

http://profmattstrassler.com/articles-and-posts/the-higgs-particle/360-2/

Then the other articles will make more sense to the beginner.

Derek