Re: [Phys-l] one of my students emailed this to me this morning. anyone have any good answers?

Apologies: odd sense of humour at this end. I was somewhat amused that the context was offered so freely (the question could have been asked without that detail), but agree entirely that it is very promising that his focus shifted from teasing a cousin to noticing and wondering about the reasons for the different classes of bubble behaviour. There is certainly something of a scientific mind-set at work there - observation, classifying, seeking mechanisms. It's certainly reassuring to know with all the exposure to computer graphics and television programmes edited seemingly 'on speed' that natural phenomena still hold their fascination. (I could watch the bath emptying all day if I did not have work to do.)

Best wishes

Keith