Re: [Phys-l] ISS orbit

Thanks - Great little clip.
So much simple physics that could be based on it.

He tells us the delta v, we should be able to figger out the delta t.
We could look up either the mass of the station or the 'standard' thrust of the rocket and calculate the other.

How often is such a 'burn' done?
This lets us calculate the average drag force from the atmosphere.

etc. etc. etc.

maybe even get into estimating the number of molecular collisions between burns.

More advanced dynamics of orbital radius, speed, hohmann transfer orbit for docking etc.
.