Re: [Phys-l] Gravitons

On 11/9/2011 1:55 AM, Savinainen Antti wrote:
///
"While we don't have observations of a graviton, we do have observations which are completely consistent with momentum being radiated away from tight binary star systems ///

I have an issue with gravitons which is, no doubt, due to my ignorance on the topic at hand. However, my undertanding is that the empirical observation described above can be explained solely in terms of gravitational waves./snip/
Regards,
Antti

Antti Savinainen, Ph.D., B.Ed.
Forgive my reducing the lofty level of this discussion: but if a compact rotating system slows, is it certain there is no EM radiation, and is it certain there is no thermal transfer to the surround?

Brian W