Re: [Phys-l] recriticality at Fukushima

On 2011, Nov 02, , at 10:54, John Denker wrote:

As usual, most of the press coverage has been ridiculously bad.
I don't know whether to laugh or cry when I see an article that
says "criticality took place" and then goes on to say there was
not a "self-sustaining chain reaction". It's self-contradictory.

Perhaps what they meant (the knowledgable technicians not the article writer), is criticality occurred followed by separation (caused by the criticality) which resulted in a loss of criticality. If this is the case, the boron is a safety measure not to remove the criticality.

bc spin meister.