Re: [Phys-l] the first law of motion

Ok, it's time for me to jump in with what may (or may not) be a minor quibble.

Every time I hear the current tv ad that proclaims that a body in motion TENDS to stay in motion I have to refrain from yelling

"WILL stay in motion".

It's NOT a 'tendency', it's a FACT that it WILL stay in motion.

Where/when did this 'tendency' thing creep into the First Law???

(or am I just being too tendentious?)