Re: [Phys-l] Censorship of science by politicians

The state took out factual information about sea level rise. The author had
already self censored the article.

"Lester said TCEQ officials made it clear the agency is uncomfortable with
any references to human-caused climate change.

"We stayed away from human-induced climate change, but we felt like we had
to talk about sea-level rise," he said. "After all, it's been happening for
12,000 years. We were surprised the data on sea-level rise became a
contentious issue."

TCEQ also deleted any references to human-caused change in other contexts,
including a reference to human activity being responsible for wetlands
destruction."

So the political climate is not only producing censorship of facts, but also
self censorhip. For a good article on how new scientific paradigms are
rejected and become political fodder see the latest "Physics Today". So
what were the "unsupported interpretations"????? The snippet of the paper
presented did not show any. My eternal question is "How do you know that?"

John M. Clement
Houston, Tx

Basically the state struck out material each time he went
from factual statements to unsuported interpretation.

Bob at PC

Go to:
http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Professor-says
-state-agency-
censored-article-2211691.php

The political appointees are censoring an official report to
conform to the
conservative anti-global warming position.

John M. Clement
Houston, TX