Re: [Phys-l] Student Misconceptions

I guess the primitive explanation I'd heard was that the 'shock wave' propagated thru the 'whole' assembly causing the one to pop out at the end.

At 10:00 PM -0400 10/7/11, Aburr@aol.com wrote:
It allows each ball to act individually rather than all the other balls to act as one more massive item hence move as a group with a greatly reduced velocity.
Alex. F. Burr