Re: [Phys-l] Medical Physics: is it a good career option?

Among the higher paid professions; go for it -- especially if you think you will "love" it.

I think CSUCI (in pleasant weather central Calif. coast: Camarillo) does a specialty in med. physics imaging?)

yes -- bio. tech.

http://biology.csuci.edu/bio_mos.htm

bc presented a short "paper" there recently (SCAAPT section), and is forever political.

p.s. Just learned the tuition history of CS and UC -- none --until Reagan took vengeance against the Berkeley uprisings -- He also engineered the firing of our best President. Clark Kerr, who "In his heart", agreed w/ the UC students, but "walked a tightrope". At least a campus near UC Berkeley is named after him.

College eight's, at UCSC, office building is Kerr hall.

I wasn't around then (off receiving, not free but paid! ed. in England), so learned late:

"Once elected, Mr. Reagan set the educational tone for his administration by:

a. calling for an end to free tuition for state college and university students,

b. annually demanding 20% across-the-board cuts in higher education funding,[2]

c. repeatedly slashing construction funds for state campuses

d. engineering the firing of Clark Kerr, the popular President of the University of California, and

e. declaring that the state "should not subsidize intellectual curiosity,[3]"

http://www.newfoundations.com/Clabaugh/CuttingEdge/Reagan.html