Re: [Phys-l] oil-spot effect

Link again failed -- another try:

http://www.av8n.com/physics/white.htm

Added: Tyvek?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tyvek

On 2010, Jul 09, , at 23:38, Bernard Cleyet wrote:

If we could lay hands on some paper made of randomly-arranged solid fibers (such as rayon, which is solid cellulose), I predict the oil-spot effect would be really spectacular.

Why White Things are White

Very pop. washing up cloths in England were (Sixties) J cloths. I think they were random weave viscose.

Yes, non-woven viscose:

Multi Purpose Cleansing Cloth - 02016 - GOP (China Manufacturer) - Products

unfortunately green -- another supplier?

bc