From: "Savinainen Antti" <antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi>
Sent: Friday, July 02, 2010 4:58 AM
To: <phys-l@carnot.physics.buffalo.edu>
Subject: [Phys-l] Water vapor condensation

Hi,

a student of mine is doing a HS project in which she is seeking for a correlation between relative humidity and temperature difference of a surface and air. Her idea is to use a plate that is taken from a freezer and measure the mass of water condensed onto the plate within a certain time frame. Obviously, among other things, the mass depends on the area of the plate.

I was wondering whether of not any other properties of the *surface* besides the area, temperature difference might affect the condensing. Could you suggest a useful reference related to the project topic? AJP and TPT has already been
looked for.

Regards,

Antti

Antti Savinainen, Ph.D., B.Ed.
Adjunct Professor (University of Jyväskylä)
Senior Lecturer in Physics and Mathematics
Kuopion Lyseo High School
Finland
E-mail: <antti.savinainen@kuopio.fi>
Website: <http://kotisivu.dnainternet.net/savant/>

Viesti on tarkastettu roskapostisuodatus- ja virustorjuntaohjelmistolla.
Tarkastuksesta huolimatta noudata asianmukaista varovaisuutta liitteitä avatessasi.

Istekki Oy