Re: [Phys-l] Review articles on coherence and speckle

alex brown wrote:
Hello all,
I am wondering if anyone can suggest some articles that I can read that will give me an overview of coherence and its uses in optics? I am a little confused between the difference of second order correlation and fourth order and why the former is generally all that is needed...
Thank you in anticipation.
Alex

This looks like it might possibly be helpful?

J.W. Goodman, “Statistical Properties of Laser Speckle Patterns,” in /Laser speckle and related phenomena/,

Vol.9 in series Topics in Applied Physics, J.C. Dainty, Ed., (Springer-Verlag, New York, 1984)

Brian W