Re: [Phys-l] how to prove relativity

On 06/03/2010 11:24 AM, chuck britton wrote:

Plato said that we sometimes only can grasp appearances.

I thought Plato's point was mostly the opposite: We
ought to beware of the distinction between reality
and mere appearances. The /temptation/ is to grasp
the appearance, but we should resist the temptation.

The teacher's job is to make the reality easier to
grasp. See below.