Re: [Phys-l] Solar Panel Circuit

On 06/02/2010 06:37 PM, scitch@verizon.net wrote:

Technically, the light on the power strip just indicates a wiring fault,
but the outlet tester indicates an open ground.

Please draw the circuit.

There is no green wire and no place to
put a green wire.

How can the outlet strip show an open ground if there
is no ground?

I wasn't clear in my description.

Please draw the circuit. That would make things much clearer.

Would it be safe to say that I can remove all of the grounding that I did
yesterday and just ignore the red light?

Please draw the circuit. Please include all the wires involved
in the outlet strip and the circuit tester.

I connected the frame of the solar panel to ground
because there is a metal post coming out of it with the schematic symbol
for ground and I watched several "how-to" videos that said to ground the
panel when it's on the roof.

That could be for lightning protection. That's on the DC side.

It would be extreeeemely unsurprising to find that the DC side
is transformer-isolated from the AC side of the inverter.

Please draw the circuit. Maybe you are smart enough to discuss
circuits without the aid of a diagram, but I am not.