[Phys-l] Humidity and visibility

What is it that affects visibility ("haziness") more: relative or absolute humidity? Perhaps neither one, since it's (probably) Mie scattering, and that's dependent on much more than a single number. Thoughts?

As a species, we are forever sticking our fingers into the electric socket of the Universe to see what'll happen next. It's a trait that'll either save us or kill us, but by god it's what makes us human beings. I'd rather be in the company of people who look at Mars than people who contemplate humanity's navel -- other worlds are better than fluff. ~~Sir Terence David John Pratchett