[Phys-l] loud bag...physics?

Hello,

Not sure if this is an interesting physics question, or just a curiosity, but has anyone seen the new Sun Chips biodegradable chips bag? It is LOUD! Compared to any other plastic-type bag, it is astonishingly loud, and I was wondering which properties of a bag affect the loudness. Since it is biodegradable, it isn't made of the same stuff, but if feels mostly the same (perhaps a bit stiffer).

Anyway, I thought there might be some interesting physics activity in there somewhere, but I am not sure what. If not, at least it is curious. (you can google loud sun chips bag and get a lot of hits, including a description of the bag itself).

bb

--
Brian Blais
bblais@bryant.edu