Re: [Phys-l] Cramster et al.

I agree wholeheartedly with your statements (deleted). The sad fact is that what you and the rest of us are trying to teach them ("the most important lesson...") is not the lesson they get from their real life experiences and observations. What they see is not that hard work yields success, but rather that hard work is for suckers, and cheating yields success. Look at today's headlines: losing money for clients while raking in huge commissions; laying off hard working employees while skimming off obscene bonuses; creating Ponzi schemes while investora lose their shirts; hiring no-show relatives while others look in vain for a job.... all of these things and many others are all too common in today's society and too many of our students see them as goals they can achieve easier and quicker than working hard for an honest salary creating something useful.

Marty