Re: [Phys-l] musical instruments

I've seen this done -- the flare I think was a funnel.

http://web.gc.cuny.edu/sciart/festival/detail/brass.html

And for what is that right hand?

http://vmsstreamer1.fnal.gov/VMS_Site_03/Lectures/Colloquium/041006Holmes/vf002.htm

Somewhere there is his lecture in which he makes a brass instrument w/ sevel meters of tubing, etc.

bc recorded much of it at a recent NCNAAPT section meeting. (at San Mateo HD)

Brian Holmes and B. Jones are (is?) the same person.

http://phyz.smugmug.com/gallery/1396101#67063433_TwKar