Re: [Phys-l] Gamma-Gamma Coincidence

I see that Serway & Faughn (5th) shows a frequency overlap between Gammas and Xrays in one place,
but notes a separation of the two in another passage. Generally, It refers to gamma ray photons.

Brian W

Bernard Cleyet wrote:
My being corrected predates yours. About 1962 and possible in the fifties when I attended a nuclear physics lab.

I made a point of telling the students "doing" the Fe-57 Mössbauer lab. that it was a nuclear transition, and, therefore, even tho it was of lower energy than the vast number of X-rays they'd encounter, a gamma.

bc