Re: [Phys-l] Dark Energy as an Entropic Force

Bob,

I worry about myself at times. When I read materials from David Bowman
or from you. I marvel that materials couched in a language so like English
are so opaque. I can treat them as works of art, and derive some pleasure
from that fact alone.

But I read your review on Dark Energy as Mirror Entropy below and I rejoiced:
not only English, but so near to one's grasp! I interpret this, in the ad lingo, as the Ring of Truth!

Bravo!

Brian W

Spinozalens@aol.com wrote:
Dark Energy as an Entropic Force If any discovery has revolutionized our understanding of the Universe it's the Holographic principle. Now due to the potentially important proposal by Erik Verlinde we may possibly be close to a new paradigm for gravity.
/major snip /
If this model is correct the existence of Dark Energy is no mystery, it's the natural result of the Entropic Principle and the accidental values which resulted from the decay of the Inflaton field and energy scales of the various symmetry breaking events. No fine tuning is required at all. Bob Zannelli