Re: [Phys-l] NYT article: Centrifugal force

Continued:

On 2009, Jul 02, , at 12:11, John Denker wrote:

... because it leaves the community without
a good name for the other contribution to the (observed) gravity,
namely the part we would calculate from Newton's law of universal
gravitation, ignoring the centrifugal contribution. I've been
scratching my head for years, trying to find a good name for this
contribution, without finding anything I'm completely happy with.

How about N (Newtonian) gravity, or G (Galilean frame) gravity?

bc cleaning out his > 14k messages inbox.